Thursday 25 March 2010

Kerri Chandler's Biggest Influences...


Kerri Chandler: My biggest influences and inspirations, in no particular order:


Kraftwerk - Computer World Album
It made me want to become an audio engineer and inventor.







Martin Circus - Disco Circus
I didn't know it then, but I found one of my best friends and a great teacher when heard this; Francois Kevorkian.



We Had A Thing - Monique Bingham
Way to much about this song that changed everything at that time.



Tyree - Hardcore
That got me wanting a TR-909.



Mr Fingers - Can You Feel It
The sounds made me want to explore just how far I could take my synths.



More Than Ever - Playing 4 The City
It was such a wonder raw adlibed song, very deep.



Dextrous - Nightmares On Wax
The bassline made me want to go deeper.



Find Our Way - Key To Life
Perfect song, perfect voice, perfect production.



Hamilton Bohannon - Let's Start The Dance
It's a gauge to see if any speakers catch on fire.



And I Loved You - Arnold Jarvis
Saw him perform this song at Red Zone - I was seriously impressed the way he sang it.



Just An Illusion - Tone Control
Everything I love about house all wrapped up in one record.



Black Magic - Freedom
Everything else I love about house music.



Wishing You Were Here - Blaze
My favorite Blaze Jam.



Brighter Days - Dajae
Makes me too damn happy when I hear it.



I Wouldn't Lie To You - Dpac and Terrence FM
That is the rawness; the bassline is so dope and simple.



Never Say Goodbye - Kurt Elling
One of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard in my life.



Get It Off - Three Generations
The first house record I made, after that I knew there was no turning back, feels good to release what's on your mind.



Club Lonely album - Lil Louis
Perfect house album.



Super Pussy - Milton Jackson
Damn!! All I got to say!



Cassa de X (Deep dish does X) - Deep Dish
Sets the mood for my life it seems from sunrise to sunset.



No comments:

Post a Comment