Tuesday 20 April 2010

Gifted Unlimited Rhymes Universal



MC Guru, whose real name was Keith Elam, of Gangstarr fame - releasing 6 super influencial albums between 1989 and 2003 - has died aged 43.

Elam suffered a cardiac arrest in February after surgery to treat his cancer and briefly lapsed into a coma. He died on Monday morning.

A statement released by his PR company contained a letter written by Guru in his final days:

"I have suffered with this illness for over a year," he wrote. "I have exhausted all medical options."

"I write this with tears in my eyes, not of sorrow but of joy for what a wonderful life I have enjoyed and how many great people I have had the pleasure of meeting."

Bow your heads. A legend has left the building.

This THURSDAY TB/SS bangs out a tribute set to Guru from 10-11pm, followed by the as listed Culture Shock and Friends event.

For more info check out the FACEBOOK EVENT

No comments:

Post a Comment